Making a Difference Together - Our Annual Report
In the last year, we have listened to more than 4,000 people in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to find out what is important to them.
Making a Difference Together, our annual report, tells the stories of what we have done as a result of what people have told us.
In April 2017, we combined with Healthwatch Peterborough and are now run as one Healthwatch for people in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. We’ve set up a new Board of Directors, and brought together our staff team and volunteers.
Read our Annual Report for 2017-18 and find out how we have:
- Challenged local NHS and social care services to improve access for people with sensory and learning disabilities. Our Accessible Information as Standard report found that they are not always offering information to disabled people in a format they can use, even though this is the law.
- Helped mental health commissioners re-design mental health services to better meet the needs of young people. We talked to young people through our ‘Being Happy, Being Me’ and ‘Minding Us’ projects to let commissioners know what young people wanted to help them stay mentally well.
- Worked with patients, carers and the local health commissioners to improve information for people leaving hospital.
- Developed a new toolkit to help local Patient Participation Groups at GP surgeries better involve people in improving services.
- Called for improvements in tongue tie division services for babies. This is now being included in the Better Births Plan for maternity services.
- Continued to raise your concerns both locally and nationally to help influence the outcome of consultations and service changes.
- Continued to work with our 35 fantastic volunteers, who have helped us listen to stories and visit local services.
Annual General Meeting
Wednesday 18 July 1.30p.m. – 4.00p.m.
Ely Cathedral Conference Centre, Palace Green, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4EW
Help us celebrate our first year as a combined Healthwatch for everyone in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough at our AGM. We will be launching our It Starts With You campaign to encourage more people to share their stories of care.
There will be British Sign Language Interpreters at the event. Please let us know if you have any other information access needs when you book.
You’ll be able to:
- Ask questions
- Find out about local services
- Share your stories of care
Come and help us celebrate – there will be cake!
To book your seat
- Call 0330 355 1285 or text 0752 0635 176
We are writing an Easy read summary of our report. We will publish this here as soon as it is ready