Improving Adult Social Care
Service users are helping to shape the future of Adult Social Care services in Cambridgeshire.
Cambridgeshire County Council (the Council) believes that everybody who lives in Cambridgeshire has the right to be involved in the Council decisions that affect their daily lives.
As part of their commitment to support the voice of local people, they pay us to organise and develop their four Adult Social Care* Partnership Boards. These are:
- Carers' Partnership Board
- Physical Disability Partnership Board
- Sensory Impairment Partnership Board
- Learning Disability Partnership Board
- Older People’s Partnership Board (65+)
They also pay us to hold a Wheelchair Forum four times a year in Cambridgeshire.
Each Board’s role is to support and improve social care by including the people who use the services (service users) in their design, delivery and evaluation.
* Social care in England is defined as the provision of social work, personal care, protection or social support services to children or adults in need or at risk, or adults with needs arising from illness, disability, old age or poverty.